Christmas is that time of year where we all just seem to ´let go.´ With chocolate, pastries and alcohol galore, the festive season turns in to the perfect excuse to not exercise and eat whatever we want.
But what happens when the christmas season is over and you need to fit into that New Year´s Eve outfit, or your beach holiday is looming and you need to be bikini beach ready?
The first thing to do of course is keep up the exercise. So you are away at your parent´s/sister´s/friend´s house and you think you can´t exercise every day? Wrong. All you need is a computer, internet and a mat or something to do outdoors, like a bike or a good pair of wellies for walking.
Why not try some pop pilates, like these great videos from blogilates? This is what I´ve been doing over christmas, as taking weights was not a possibility and we are LITERALLY in the middle of nowhere, so no Gym and nowhere to exercise.
Of course, this means you can be a little bit kinder on yourself when it comes to the amount of calories over the christmas period but for those who (like me) will be looking for healthy alternatives, here are a few.
1. How about this Healthy Cauliflower Puree from I Breathe I´m Hungry
2.Try this alternative to Cocktail Sausages and Bacon with Pear and Prosciutto from Real Simple
3. Instead of christmas cake, how about a vegan, gluten-free chocolate cake that´s as good as the real thing.
1. Instead of crisps and chips, try these baked apple snacks from The Italian Dish
2. How about frozen blueberries and low-fat Green Yogurt
3. These pumpkin chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies are a yummy alternative to all those christmas biscuit tins and sweet snacks.
So, if you don´t want to make yet another New Year´s resolution to shift those Christmas pounds, get healthy eating this christmas and keep up the exercise.